These are low fat-low sugar muffins--healthy and tasty!
Make and share this Most Delicious Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 egg whites
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey or 3 -4 tablespoons maple syrup or 3 -4 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In a larger bowl, mash the banana and beat in the egg whites until mixture is frothy.
- Blend in the honey, vegetable oil (if using), orange juice and rum.
- Incorporate dry ingredients and blend just until combined.
- Lightly grease muffin tins and fill two-thirds.
- *This oil can be eliminated for completely fat-free muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.