Recipe by Chef Emstar
This is easy and very satisfying. You can add whatever veggies you like by either stirring them into the egg whites right before pouring into the skillet or you can put them on 1/2 of the eggs right before serving and fold the other half of the eggs over the veggies. Oh yeah, did I mention that this is really healthy and your family will never even suspect!
Top Review by Maito
Very good omelette! I used about 4 times the feta and added tomatoes, parsley and green onions for the vegs. It seemed to need just a tiny sprinkling of salt after serving - that really took it up a notch in flavor.
- 5 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the egg whites in a blender or with an immersion blender until they are fluffy.
- Add in the feta, pepper and oregano and whip again.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with pure olive oil cooking spray.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Uncover and flip the eggs over. Cook for 1 more minute. If you want to add veggies, you can put them on 1/2 of the egg mixture and fold the other half over them. Then slide the eggs onto a plate.
- My favorite veggie combo is spinach, green onion and roasted red pepper.