Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This is a fantastic cheese cake recipe I found in the food site of Ynet, so far everybody just loved this cake! I have added raisins which make it even better but the only problem is that no matter what I tried, the raisins will all gather in the center of the cake....
For the dough you will need
- 2 cups plain white flour (all purpose would be too soft..)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 dash salt
For the cheese batter you will need
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 lbs white low-fat cheese (I use 9% fat cheese)
- 1 3⁄4 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Put all the dough ingredients.
- in the mixer.
- but mix only until all ingredients have.
- combined, (mixing too long will harm the lightness of dough) pat dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour
- Heat oven to 356 F (180 C).
- Grease a 9" or 10" baking pan.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in the mixer for 5 minutes at high speed, until they are foamy and light in color
- In an extra bowl mix cheese, sour cream, vanilla, raisins, corn flour and slowly add to egg foam and stir in unil combined.
- On a lightly floured work surface roll out the dough, place in pan and press well to bottom and sides. Pour in the batter and bake for 45 minutes or until tooth pick will come out clean and dry.
- If you like an extra crispy dough you can bake it for 10 to 15 minutes before pouring in the batter but be sure to "pierce" the dough with a fork to avoid air bubbles.