Recipe by brandon mahoney
This cake is the most moist and chocolatey chocolate cake I ever had! I found this in a cookbook made by the Hersheys company and it might taste better if you use their type of cocoa or icing. It is incredibly delicious!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees celcius and grease and flour 2 nine inch pans.
- 2. Mix together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- 3. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes.
- 4. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin), then pour batter into prepared pans.
- 5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 6. Cool for 10 minutes, then take out of pan and cool completely.
- 7.fFor the icing - melt the butter, then stir in the cocoa. Add sugar and milk (if too thick. add more milk - or if too thin, put in more butter).
- 8. Spread icing on top of the bottom layer. Then put the top layer on and ice the top and sides.