Recipe by ThatCaptJim
A creamy, chunky dip full of flavor and texture! Great for Halloween or for an easy pot luck item (just don't call it Mossy Swamp Dip at your pot luck unless it's a Halloween pot luck or you enjoy freaking out your friends). Quick and simple enough to make for week night or double up a batch and have it for a classy movie night!
Top Review by mama smurf
Delicious...made as directed only using fresh spinach that I steamed in the micro for a few minutes...I have never used marinated artichokes in my spinach dip before but this was a hit at our football party for Boise State. Thank you for posting and this is going into my Favorites of 2012.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 green onions (one small bunch)
- 1 (2 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze to get as dry as possible.
- Drain jar of marinated artichoke hearts and chop coarsely. Discard marinade.
- Thinly slice the green onions until you've cut up about 1/3 the green tops. Coarsely chop the remaining tops.
- Chop water chestnuts coarsely.
- Combine spinach, artichoke hearts, green onions, and water chestnuts in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Combine sour cream (use the real thing - lite sour cream doesn't do well in this recipe) and mayonnaise with garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Add cheeses, then blend this mixture together with the spinach mixture. Resulting dip will be very chunky.
- Pour into lightly greased baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes until heated through and slightly bubbly (if you're in a hurry, just nuke it for about 10 minutes -- it won't get crusty on top, but it will be hot and melty!).
- Sprinkle with red pepper sauce, paprika, and more cracked black peppers.
- Serve with hearty chips, large croutons, or over pasta!