Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If mosquitos can be considered your state bird, here's a non-toxic, pet-friendly method of mosquito control. I found this online and wanted to preserve it for safekeeping.
- Cut an empty plastic soda bottle in half.
- Heat water to dissolve the sugar. Let cool and pour into bottom half.
- Add yeast.
- Place the top part of the bottle upside down into the other half of the bottle, forming a funnel; tape pieces together with black tape (the mosquitos are attracted to dark colors).
- Leave the funnel top uncovered; place container outside and away from your normal gathering areas.
- Mosquitoes are drawn to the carbon dioxide created by the yeast and dark color. Change the mixture every two weeks.