Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fruit cake that can be served immediately! From Company's Coming Cakes cook book. After lining pan with foil, I greased it using Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!). I chopped the pecan halves for the batter, and garnished the top of the batter with additional pecan halves and additional glaced cherries cut in half before baking. Very easy to make. You could use raisins instead of the dates.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with foil paper.
- Cream butter with sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Add the red cherries, green cherries, chopped pineapple, dates, and pecans.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Can be served immediately.