Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I took a second glance at feta listed as an ingredient in guacamole. I love feta but never would have thought of it in this dish. I omitted the olive oil and used a small amount of Dijon (it did round out the flavor and add some creaminess). I used this a as a basis for Avocado and Feta Cheese Salad Wraps Recipe #152395 for which I added chopped bacon, lettuce, sunflower seeds, and put it in a tortilla. It was sure an outstanding wrap. Thanks for this wonderful recipe. Roxygirl
- 1 large avocado
- 2 teaspoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon or 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, Chopped or 3⁄4 cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoons louisiana hot sauce
- 1 cup tomatoes, Chopped
- lettuce, as bed for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash garlic with salt to make a gritty paste, Add avocado and mash some more.
- Pour lemon juice over avocado so that it will keep its color.
- Stir well.
- Add olive oil, add Louisiana hot sauce, stir, add Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, stir, and add wine vinegar.
- Add Mustard.
- Crumble a good quantity of feta cheese in the dressing.
- Add chopped tomatoes and parsley.
- Stir well and serve over lettuce.
- This is also good for dipping.