Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
MO is for mushrooms and onions. Canned mushrooms and the liquid were used because together they provide a natural source of flavor enhancement similar to MSG. The catsup, is of course optional, but it does add a desirable sweetness. Cooking is a creative sport. This recipe will serve four people, or one solo meal and enough cold meatloaf to make several more lunches.
Top Review by Braunda
I love this meatloaf. Marks does too. I followed the recipe and I just love it. It is moist and good flavor. Best of all I did not pick up the salt shaker at all. I think we have a winner here. We will be making this again. Thank You for a a great recipe. Hugs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (and the liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced fine
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup catsup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients, except for the catsup, together in a large bowl.
- Bake in a loaf pan for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350°F.
- The internal temperature should reach 165°F when done.
- Pour catsup on top immediately, and then let the meatloaf rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- If leftovers are desired, remove excess liquid from the loaf pan, and refrigerate, covered for up to 4 days.