1/1 Photo of Morton's the Steakhouse Chopped Salad
Full name: Morton's the Steakhouse Chopped Salad With Hearts of Palm, Artichoke Hearts, & Blue Cheese. Found this on another website courtesy of Morton's Steakhouse, and it sounds absolutely yummy! Posting to try later and hoping I won't be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 10 -12 frozen artichoke hearts (in brine, not marinated, about 12 ounces drained) or 10 -12 canned artichoke hearts (in brine, not marinated, about 12 ounces drained)
- 1 cup hearts of palm (about 12 ounces drained)
- 1 avocado
- 6 ounces blue cheese, such as Saga, Maytag (1 cup) or 6 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled (1 cup)
- 12 -14 slices cooked bacon, slices (crumbled, crisp-cooked bacon strips or equivalent amount of crisp real-bacon bits)
- 3/4 cup chopped hard-cooked egg (2 large eggs, see Note)
- 3/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 3/4 cup seeded chopped plum tomato
Dijon Vinaigrette (use 3/4 cup)
- 1To prepare vinaigrette: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the vinegar and 1/3 cup cup of water.
- 2Whisk the mustard and salad dressing mix until well mixed.
- 3Add the olive oil and whisk until the dressing is emulsified.
- 4Let the dressing rest for a few minutes before using so that the flavors can blend. Refrigerate in a tightly-lidded glass or rigid plastic container for up to 7 days and whisk before using.
- 5Note: If you use Good Seasons brand mix, two packets work well.
- 6To prepare salad: Cut the iceberg and romaine lettuces into ½-inch squares. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- 7Cut the artichoke hearts into eighths and the hearts of palm into 1/4-inch-long pieces and add to the lettuce.
- 8Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Cut the avocado into ½-inch cubes and add to the lettuce.
- 9Crumble the blue cheese over the salad. Sprinkle the bacon bits, chopped egg, onion, and tomato over the salad.
- 10Add the vinaigrette, toss well, and serve.
- 11Note: To hard-cook eggs, put them in a saucepan with cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, remove from the heat, and set aside for 15 minutes, during which time the eggs will harden. This is a better method than cooking the eggs in boiling water. There is less chance of the eggs cracking.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morton's the Steakhouse Chopped Salad
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.1
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 1145.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen artichoke hearts
white balsamic vinegar
Italian salad dressing mix