From the fabulous Morton's Steak House comes this elegant and delicious scallop dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For apricot chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1To prepare chutney:.
- 2Place peppercorns on cutting board. Crush them by pressing down on them with bottom of heavy saucepan.
- 3In fine-mesh sieve or another sieve lined with cheesecloth, strain horseradish for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Press on the horseradish with a spoon or squeeze the cheesecloth to extract all the liquid.
- 5In small bowl, whisk preserves until smooth. Whisk in strained horseradish and crushed peppercorns. You will have more chutney than you need for this recipe. Refrigerate leftovers up to 3 days.
- 6To prepare scallops:
- 7Preheat broiler and position rack 2 to 3 inches from heating element. Lightly brush small baking sheet with a thin layer of the butter and spread scallops on baking sheet.
- 8Broil scallops 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn once for even browning. Try to cook them just until they are translucent in the center, or medium done; do not overcook.
- 9Crisscross 2 spinach leaves on each of 6 small plates and put 2 scallops on top of the leaves.
- 10Top each scallop with a generous 1/4 teaspoon apricot chutney. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morton's Broiled Sea Scallops With Apricot Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.9
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 128.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 8.6 g