Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From the legendary Morton's Steak House. Simply amazing Blue Cheese Dressing. As much as I love to lighten things, this just isn't the same using light ingredients. This calls for Durkee's Famous Sauce, if you can't locate Durkee's, I have another recipe for a similar sauce called Mustard-Mayonnaise Sauce. Cook time includes overnight chilling.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Durkee's sauce (sold in the condiment aisle or with the dressings)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 7 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1.5 C)
- salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Add the buttermilk, Durkee sauce, and seasoned salt.
- Whisk until well mixed.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and whisk again.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the blue cheese.
- Transfer to a storage container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least a day and up to four days.
I made this for a Morton's salad with bacon, egg, anchovy and it was fabulous!! Everyone (kids too!) loved it. I added a tbs. Dijon mustard, about 2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce, and some fresh parsley. Heaven!
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I have now made this about 4 or 5 times - it's just plain WONDERFUL. If you like Blue (or Bleu) Cheese Dressing, this one is the Bomb! I have put it on salads, on wedges of lettuce with hard boiled eggs (just like the Morton's Salad), and have dipped plenty of chicken wings into it. You cannot go wrong with this one - I made it exactly as written. Thanks, AshK!
I made 1/4 of a recipe because I am the only one in the family that eats bc dressing. Loved it! I am glad no one else eats it!! Thanks for posting.