Recipe by AshK
From the legendary Morton's Steak House. Simply amazing Blue Cheese Dressing. As much as I love to lighten things, this just isn't the same using light ingredients. This calls for Durkee's Famous Sauce, if you can't locate Durkee's, I have another recipe for a similar sauce called Mustard-Mayonnaise Sauce. Cook time includes overnight chilling.
Top Review by Chef Daniela
I made this for a Morton's salad with bacon, egg, anchovy and it was fabulous!! Everyone (kids too!) loved it. I added a tbs. Dijon mustard, about 2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce, and some fresh parsley. Heaven!
- 2 cups mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Durkee's sauce (sold in the condiment aisle or with the dressings)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 7 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1.5 C)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Add the buttermilk, Durkee sauce, and seasoned salt.
- Whisk until well mixed.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and whisk again.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the blue cheese.
- Transfer to a storage container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least a day and up to four days.