Recipe by 2Bleu
Turn your everyday cocktail into something special with this recipe. For a mocha flavored cocktail, just add a dash of instant coffee granuals in the blender ingredients. Created by Bird for Buddha. ;)
Top Review by Catnip46
Now that's what I call a drink. Soooo very good! I didn't have any Kahlua on hand (I'll have to make some again, Recipe #18458, very good stuff BTW). At first I didn't care for the syrup/brown sugar on the rim; for some reason it reminded me of coconut (which I hate with a passion). But the more I worked my way around the glass the more I liked it. LOL. Instead of using chocolate gelato I could see using chocolate mousse or yogart. Next time I'll try one of those. Keeper for sure. Made for 2012 Zaar Cookbook.
- 1 cup chocolate gelato (recommended Super-Easy Chocolate Ganache or Gelato)
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Kahlua
- 1 ounce Creme de Cacao (or Bailey's Irish Cream)
Other ingredients needed
- chocolate syrup
- brown sugar (or Sugar in the Raw)
- chocolate shavings, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Add gelato, half and half, chocolate syrup, and liquor to a blender and blend to combine.
- Using 2 saucers, add a circle of some chocolate syrup to one, and a circle of brown sugar to the other. Dip the rims of martini (or daqueri) glasses into the kaluha then into a ring of sugar.
- Pour drink into glasses and top with a sprinkle of chocolate shavings and serve.