Recipe by PanNan
This recipe is adapted from the gutsygourmet.net.
Top Review by Louie Galle' _10431833
This is what I've discovered while following this recipe. I found that reducing the butter by half did not interfere with this recipe taste but does lessen the fat content. I also added a little salt which is not called for in the recipe and this added to the flavor. I also experimented by chopping some fresh mint and basil, and found that either would go well but not both, and a squeeze of lemon to zest it up a bit was more to my liking. Lou-Bay City, Mi
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces green beans (preferably the flat or wide Italian beans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the pine nuts in a olive oil. Set aside.
- Cook beans al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat dry and slice thin crossways.
- Bring broth to boil in a medium pan. Add and melt butter. Add couscous, Stir and remove from heat. Cover, keep warm, and fluff several times during the next 10 to 15 minutes until couscous is tender.
- Add pine nuts and beans,.
- Heat dish over a pot of boiling water, or in the microwave, adding more butter if desired.
- Fluff before serving.