Recipe by Nif
A great twist to the classic burger. Choose ground chicken or turkey and add all of the delicious ingredients for a taste explosion! This is a delicious Chateliaine Magazine recipe. Enjoy!
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Yummy meal. I didn't add the olives or apricots, but otherwise kept true to the recipe. The tukery burgers were great. I especially loved the sauce. Yummy. The zucchini was perfect since I still have a ton in my garden. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, preferably light
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 large zucchini
- onions and red pepper, sliced (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil grill. Heat barbecue to medium. In a small bowl, stir mayo with lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg. Stir in bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add chicken, olives and apricots. Mix well. Divide into 4 portions, then shape into burgers ½ inches (1 cm) thick. Make a shallow depression in centre of each to prevent puffing. Slice zucchini lengthwise. Barbecue with lid closed until zucchini have grill marks, 5 min, and burgers are cooked, 5 to 6 min per side. Good tucked into pitas with onions and peppers. Dollop with spiced mayo.