Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple dish, healthy and satisfying.
Make and share this Moros Y Cristianos (Black Beans and Rice) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped (capsicum)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 3 cups black beans (cooked, or canned and drained)
- 1 cup chopped canned tomato
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- cooked white rice
- chopped fresh parsley (coriander leaves) or cilantro (to garnish, coriander leaves)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over moderate heat and saute the onion, bell pepper, and garlic until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, stock, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with fresh herbs.