I tried this rice salad at a potluck and was one of the scores of people asking for the recipe. I don't know where my coworker got this one, but it's got a nice flavor that makes it a great side dish for grilled meats or alone as a vegetarian dish. Sometimes I make this salad and simply serve it with sliced tomatoes. My husband likes to take leftover rice salad and add some grilled chicken to it for a rice bowl at work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl combine beans, rice, and cilantro.
- 2Place lime juice in small bowl and whisk with oil.
- 3Add onion and garlic to oil.
- 4Toss with beans and rice mixture.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moros and Christianos Salad
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.1
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 372.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g