Recipe by Jewelies
Dave brought me a Tajine for my birthday along with a book called 'Moroccan Modern' by Hassan M'souli. Prep time does not include time to drain yoghurt.
- 500 g natural yoghurt
- 1 small lebanese cucumber
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground aniseed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place yoghurt into a muslin-lined sieve over a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Do not squeeze but discard liquid for yoghurt.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds, coarsely grate the flesh.
- Place into a medium bowl with the yoghurt, and stir through the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with flat bread, as a dipping sauce for vegetables, or as a side dish.