Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from BBC good food for Morocco
Make and share this Moroccan Wings With Herb Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g chicken wings
- 44.37 ml maple syrup
- 4.92 ml harissa, plus more to serve
- 4.92 ml cumin seed, lightly crushed
- 1 medium orange, zested and juiced (about 6 tbsp in total)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 141.74 g couscous
- 1 large bunch mint
- 1 large bunch coriander
- 29.58 ml preserved lemons, finely chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- Greek yogurt, as needed
- Heat the grill to high. Put the chicken wings into a large roasting tin and grill for 15 minutes, turning halfway, till golden.
- Meanwhile mix the maple syrup, harissa and cumin with the zests, half of the orange and lemon juices and some seasoning. Pour over the wings, shake to coat, then return to the grill for another 15 minutes till browned and sticky, turning once.
- While the chicken is grilling boil the kettle for the couscous. Splash the remaining orange and lemon juice over the couscous then pour in enough boiling water just to cover. Clingfilm the bowl then set aside for 10 minutes. Roughly chop the herbs.
- Fluff the couscous, fold through the herbs, preserved lemon, 1 tbsp oil and some salt and pepper. Serve with the wings and a spoonful of yogurt, swirled with harissa if you like a bit more heat.
This made for a fabulous and really easy dinner! The 'sauce' dressing the wings, was spicy/sweet - we loved it! The couscous was easy and flavourful. We did swirl in a (tiny) bit more harissa and the yoghurt. Thanks so much - this one's going into my 'keeper' folder.