1/1 Photo of Moroccan Venison (Beef) Tagine W/ Dried Mango & Raisins
8 hrs 15 mins
A savory treat for a cold winter dinner, the flavorful spices will perfume your kitchen and tantalize your taste buds. I've adapted this from the Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes For Two cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs venison, cut into 1-inch cubes (or beef)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch saffron (as much as you'd like)
- 1 onion, sliced vertically
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 2/3 cup dried mango, chopped
- 1 teaspoon harissa (may also use berbere spice mix)
- 1Combine 2 teaspoons olive oil with coriander, cumin, and ginger in medium bowl. Add meat and toss to coat well.
- 2Heat remaining 1 teaspoons olive oil in skillet over med. high heat. Brown meat on all sides; place in crock pot. (I use a 2.5-3 quart crock -- if yours is a different size you may want to adjust the recipe accordingly).
- 3Add onions and garlic to skillet and sauté 3-4 minutes, just till they start to brown.
- 4Add veggie stock to onion mixture in skillet and bring to boil. Remove from heat and add to crock pot.
- 5Add cinnamon stick and cook 5 hours on LOW.
- 6After 5 hours, stir stew and add raisins, mango, and harissa.
- 7Cook an additional 2-3 hours. Serve over couscous or rice, or with spongy bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Venison (Beef) Tagine W/ Dried Mango & Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: