Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted for ZWT3. It's from the ElegantChef.com. It looks delicious!
Make and share this Moroccan Vegetarian Sweet Potato Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 acorn squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 118.29 ml vegetable broth
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can whole tomatoes
- 118.29 ml raisins
- In a pot sauté onions and garlic over low heat until soft, but not brown.
- Add spices and cook a few minutes. Stir in sweet potatoes, acorn squash, carrots and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Add chick peas, tomatoes and raisins and simmer covered until the potatoes, squash and carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
I agree with the other reviewer: the spices in this were great, not too overpowering, but complemented the veggies nicely. Next time I make it I will leave out the acorn squash, as it was a big pain to peel and I felt it was the only vegetable that got kind of "lost" in the mix. Maybe substituting butternut squash or pumpkin would work. Thanks for posting this great recipe!
Wow excellent Vegetarian dish! I had to leave out acorn squash and chickpeas because I didn't have them at home. However it didn't take way anything from this recipe. The spice was perfect, not overwhelming and not understated, I served the stew with rice. Thank you Mama2boys
Terrible taste. Took forever to fix. Going to throw it out!!!