Recipe by Mama2boys
Posted for ZWT3. It's from the ElegantChef.com. It looks delicious!
Top Review by debarra
I agree with the other reviewer: the spices in this were great, not too overpowering, but complemented the veggies nicely. Next time I make it I will leave out the acorn squash, as it was a big pain to peel and I felt it was the only vegetable that got kind of "lost" in the mix. Maybe substituting butternut squash or pumpkin would work. Thanks for posting this great recipe!
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 acorn squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot sauté onions and garlic over low heat until soft, but not brown.
- Add spices and cook a few minutes. Stir in sweet potatoes, acorn squash, carrots and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Add chick peas, tomatoes and raisins and simmer covered until the potatoes, squash and carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.