Lots of vegetables cooked with chick peas, raisins, and fragrant spices, and spooned over couscous make an authentic Moroccan meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced crosswise
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut inch 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 tomatoes, ripe, large, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- 3Add carrots, bell pepper, spices, and 1/4 cup of the water.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 5Add all remaining ingredients.
- 6Cover and simmer over medium low heat, 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 7Stir several times during cooking.
- 8Serve over couscous, rice or any cooked grain.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Vegetarian Stew
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 348.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g