Recipe by Marlitt
I often put this out at get togethers and it always just vanishes. I got this recipe from a diabetic recipes flyer at the grocery store.
Top Review by Enjolinfam
This was really nice hummus. I added a little bit of water to it while processing it because DH likes it thinner. We spread this on some plain naan and wrapped it with veggies - kinda like a pita. Tasted great, thanks! Made for newest Zaar tag.
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chick-peas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cummin and salt in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Combine tomato, green onions and parsley in a small bowl.
- Place chick-pea mixture in mediums serving bowl; spoon tomato mixture evenly over top.
- Serve with wedges of pita bread or assorted crackers.