1/1 Photo of Moroccan Vegetable Stew With Couscous
Low fat, simple and very tasty. This is a great way to get back on track after the Holidays but it's great at any time of the year! Save time by purchasing the squash already cut into cubes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 & # 8243, thick
- 680.38 g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained
- 396.89 g can stewed tomatoes
- 118.29 ml pitted prune, chopped
- 2.46 ml cinnamon (more if you like)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml couscous
- 236.59 ml vegetable broth
- 29.58 ml chopped cilantro or 29.58 ml parsley
- 1In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 2Add carrots, squash, and onion and cook until golden, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in garbanzo beans, stewed tomatoes, prunes, cinnamon, salt, crushed red pepper, and 1 and 1/2 cups water.
- 4Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- 5Meanwhile, prepare couscous as label directs, but use vegetable broth in place of the water called for on label.
- 6Stir cilantro into stew.
- 7Spoon stew over couscous to serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Vegetable Stew With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 879.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: