1 hr 15 mins
This flavorful recipe is weight watchers core with the exception of the raisins. You can omit them, but it will drastically change the flavor of the dish. The entire recipe with raisin would be 4 points on the core plan, so splurge a little; it's worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a large Dutch oven or high-sided skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- 2Add potatoes, squash, onions, and carrots.
- 3Stir frequently for about 10 minutes until onions are golden brown.
- 4Add beans, raisins, tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, salt, 1 cup of broth, and red pepper flakes.
- 5Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer and continue cooking for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender when pierced with fork.
- 6Meanwhile prepare couscous as directed on package, using broth instead of water.
- 7Stir cilantro into stew and adjust seasoning with salt if desired.
- 8Serve over warm couscous.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 787.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 1577.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: