Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
An energizing salad that is full of everything good for you, delicious with it's Middle Eastern Spices and crunchy textures. Great in Summer. Cook time is chilling time.
- 4 cups small mushrooms, halved
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and left whole
- 2 cups green beans, blanched to tender crisp
- 1 cup celery, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, seeded, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch lettuce greens
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Days ahead. Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and refrigerate overnight.
- The day before you wish to serve.
- Place all the vegetables, except for the lettuce, in a large bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve on a bed of greens,along with Couscous and warm grilled pita bread.
- Pass more dressing if any left over.
DELICIOUS!!! Loved the salad dressing and it was an easy and flavorful addition to my Moroccan meal-very refreshing and cool among the other spicy dishes . Only changes were to omit the dill (didn't have any) and add a bit of salt. My salad consisted of cherry tomato, cucumber, green beans, celery, green bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and baby spinach. Served w/ Grilled Moroccan Chicken, Grilled Moroccan Vegetable Skewers, Moroccan Sesame Potatoes. Thank you so much for a great recipe!!!
this didnt do it for me. the dressing was a little bitter and i cut most of the dill out but if i made it again i would cut it all out-personal taste. i added a can of drained canned tomatoes and some cheese and i think those two things were my favorite part. my husband liked it ok. and since i served it at a funeral i mixed the lettuce up in the rest of the salad. other people liked it better than i so i think it really is a personal thing. thanks anyway.