Moroccan Vegetable Casserole
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- Saute onion and garlic for two minutes. Add spices and cook,stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and stir to coat with the spices. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Blend in the stock and lemon,bring to boil then add the chickpeas and sultanas.Reduce the heat and cook,uncovered,for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Place couscous in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 5 minutes until the couscous absorbs the water. Fluff up with a fork and serve with the vegetables. Sprinkle the pistachios over the top.
- NOTE: Moroccan Seasoning recipe#141053 is a good substitute if commercial seasoning is unavailable.