Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking light Posting for safe keeping
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) skinless boneless turkey breast halves
- cooking spray
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peeled lemon, sections
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare turkey, combine first 8 ingredients; rub over turkey. Place turkey on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; insert a meat thermometer into thickest portion of a breast. Bake at 400° for 55 minutes or until thermometer registers 180°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- To prepare couscous, bring orange juice to a boil in a small saucepan while turkey bakes. Stir in cranberries. Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes. Drain cranberries in a colander over a bowl, reserving juice.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sliced garlic; saute 1 minute. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in reserved juice, water, curry, 1 teaspoon salt, and broth; bring to a boil. Gradually stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Add cranberries, basil, cilantro, rind, and lemon sections, tossing gently to combine. Cut each turkey breast into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve turkey with couscous.
I was just searching for this recipe to save it on Zaar when I found it had already been added. I made this last year for Thanksgiving and it was very good. It's a nice blend of Moroccan and traditional Thanksgiving flavors.
fantastic taste. it took me more time than expected, but it was worth it.