Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "Quick & Tasty" this is a low-fat, low-carb entree. serve it with couscous and a salad
- 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a baking pan add tenderloin and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine spices and rub into tenderloin.
- Top with onions and garlic.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add saffron to chicken broth, let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour over tenderloin and cook additional 15 minutes, remove to a platter.
- Pour cooking juices into a saucepan, add cornstarch, cook until thickened, pour over turkey.
I used a pork tenderloin, as I couldn't get a turkey tenderloin. The seasonings were unusual and quite delicious. We liked the thickened gravy over the meat, which was very tender. Thanks for a nice, simple recipe with lots of flavor!
When the recipe description says "quick", "tasty", "low fat" and "low carb", I know it's made for me! I actually couldn't get a tenderloin, so I used flattened turkey breast medallions. I rubbed all the spices into the meat, and browned it all on the top of the stove before adding the onions, garlic and broth and chucking it into the oven. To keep this low carb I left out the cornstarch and then cooked some green beans in the broth after the turkey was done. Chia, this rocks!
Very tender and moist. I liked the flavor but DH was not fond of the onions or spices. I will keep the recipe and use different spices next time because it was an easy way to fix turkey tenderloin. I am sure there are a number of different ways to season one of these. Thanks chia.