Recipe by yogiclarebear
You can make this as a lower carb soup, or turn it into a stew by adding couscous! I adapted this from a recipe I found at the "Go @ Home" magazine/website.
Top Review by SweetySJD
Very yummy! I couldn't find the butternut squash (out of season), so I used white potatoes instead. I did everything else the same and served it over couscous. I'll make this again for sure! Thanks!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 pieces (10 oz)
- 1 cup chopped onion (7 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup sliced carrot (3 oz)
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed (5 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (40g)
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- hot cooked couscous, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot, sauté garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook. When the turkey is cooked about halfway, add the butternut squash and carrots and cook for about 7 minutes over medium heat, mixing and continuing to break up turkey.
- Stir in all spices and cook, mixing, for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, raisins, water, and broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer approximately 20 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Add zucchini and simmer another 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, add ½ cup cooked couscous to each bowl and pour stew on top of couscous.