Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Pan sear or grill.
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons ground fresh coriander
- Rinse the tuna steaks and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, paprika, tumeric, anise, ginger, cinnamon, pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Lightly rub both sides of the tuna steaks with 1 tbsp olive oil. Rub the seasoning mix on both sides of tuna steaks; coating them well.
- Using a heavy bottomed saute pan or a cast-iron pan, warm the remaining olive oil. Increase the heat to high and place the tuna in the pan. Sear for 1 minute, then turn over carefully, reducing the heat to medium. Sear the other side for 1 more minute until medium rare. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Pour the melted butter over the tuna steaks and sprinkle with the coriander.
- (Also can do cook these on the grill -- just cook a few minutes on each side.).
- Serve immediately.
Delicious! My grocer didn't have tuna so I substituted halibut, which I love anyway. We grilled ours! Thanks, *Parsley*! Made for the Unrulies Under the Influence, ZWT6.
This is fantastic! We loved it and ate every bit of it. I will make it again. Next time I will try making it on the grill, though it was just perfect out of the pan. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6 Challenge.
Pretty tasty. I had to cook my tuna steaks for quite a bit longer than specified. I served this with Tunisian Beet Salad #136158 and the overall effect was a bit too spicy, but absolutely delicious. I loved the flavors of this and the ease with which it came together!