I got this recipe from Greenseas Tuna. DS hates tuna and the the rest of us love tuna patties so its only when DS is not home that I can make anything with tuna in it. This recipe is a different version of making tuna patties and even though they are a little different to the normal tuna patties, they are delicious especially served with a nice side salad! The recipe calls for frying the patties but I cooked mine in the oven and they were fantastic!
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled, mashed and slightly cooled
- 425 g tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- Combine the cooled mashed potato, drained tuna, breadcrumbs, egg, half the coriander and spices. Mix together well.
- Form into 8 patties and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Combine yoghurt, lemon rind and remaining coriander in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Serve the patties with yoghurt sauce and a nice crisp salad.