1/6 Photos of Moroccan Tuna Patties
I got this recipe from Greenseas Tuna. DS hates tuna and the the rest of us love tuna patties so its only when DS is not home that I can make anything with tuna in it. This recipe is a different version of making tuna patties and even though they are a little different to the normal tuna patties, they are delicious especially served with a nice side salad! The recipe calls for frying the patties but I cooked mine in the oven and they were fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled, mashed and slightly cooled
- 425 g tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1Combine the cooled mashed potato, drained tuna, breadcrumbs, egg, half the coriander and spices. Mix together well.
- 2Form into 8 patties and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 4Combine yoghurt, lemon rind and remaining coriander in a small bowl, mixing well.
- 5Serve the patties with yoghurt sauce and a nice crisp salad.
Browse Our Top Moroccan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Moroccan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Tuna Patties
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 269.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g