Recipe by PSU Lioness
This is taken from "The Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook: Collectors Edition." I haven't tried any of these recipes, but I'm borrowing the book and trying to get as many posted for my personal use as possible. Hope you all enjoy!
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup low-sodium garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- pita chips (recipe follows)
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender container, process tomato sauce, garbanzo beans, and yogurt until smooth and creamy. Pour into small bowl.
- Stir in onion, parsley, garlic powder, horseradish, cumin, curry powder, and paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours to allow flavors to blend. Serve with Pita Chips or crisp vegetable dippers.
- Pita Chips: Cut pita bread into wedges; separate each wedge into 2 pieces. Place on cookie sheet and brush with salt-free herb mixture of your choice. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp.