A healthy budget recipe with full of flavour from recipe+ http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/Moroccan-Spice-Mix Link to recipes for Moroccan Spice Mix on Food.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g chicken legs (skinless)
- 14.79 ml moroccan mixed spice
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 brown onion (large finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (large finely chopped)
- 1 zucchini (large finely chopped)
- 236.59 ml couscous
- 4.92 ml chicken stock powder
- 29.58 ml parsley (chopped flat-leaf)
- 4.92 ml lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1Toss chicken in spice mix.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat and add chicken and cook, turning for 3 minutes or until browned all over.
- 3Remove from pan and add onion to pan and cook and stir for 3 minutes or until soft and then add tomato and 1 cup boiling water and mix well.
- 4Add chicken and bring to a simmer, cover, cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- 5Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- 6Meanwhile place couscous and stock powder in a medium heatproof bowl and stir in 1 cup boiling water, cover with plastic food wrap, set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and then using a fork, fluff and separate grains.
- 7Combine parsley and zest in a small bowl and then add half the parsley mix to the couscous and toss to combine.
- 8Spoon chicken and sauce over couscous and serve sprinkled with remaining parsley mix.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Tomato Chicken With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.5
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 166.0 mg
- Sodium 175.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 43.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: