Recipe by JustJanS
A salad that I like to serve with Moroccan style dishes. It also goes well at a BBQ. Prep time doesn't include standing time for the roasted capsicum.
Top Review by Tisme
I made this recipe a few weeks ago and must have forgotten to review it. I dont know why because this is one great salad, the flavours are so wonderful together, the only thing I did change was the amount of salt I only add half teaspoon. I took this salad to work for lunch next day and the flavours were so much better the next day. I must admit I ate the whole lot on my own, and I still could of had more! Great recipe for summer Jan. Can't wait to plant capsicum next year for this recipe!
- 1 (200 g) medium red capsicums
- 1 (200 g) medium green capsicum
- 2 (150 g) medium egg tomatoes
- 40 ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the capsicums, and remove the saeeds and membranes.
- Roast under a grill (broiler) or in a very hot oven until the skin blackens and blisters.
- Place in a paper or plastic bag for about 10 minutes.
- Chop the capsicum coarsely.
- Drop the tomatoes into boiling water, count to ten, then drain and refresh in cold water.
- Peel and seed, then chop coarsely.
- Combine the capsicum and tomatoes in a bowl, add the combined remaining ingredients and mix well.