Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The vegan alternative to http://www.recipezaar.com/browse/getrecipe.zsp?id=46036&path= .
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, carrots,cauliflower,&,asparagus
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup dry couscous
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add tofu; cook until tofu is firm, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables, beans, bouillon, water, curry, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine broth and margarine, bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous.
- Cover; remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving; spoon onto platter.
- Top with tofu mixture; sprinkle with parsley.