1 hr 20 mins
If you like a little 'spice' in your life than you are going to enjoy this one! You can also substitute the couscous with brown or white rice--either way it makes an awesome meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (I prefer using fresh)
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 kg vegetables, peeled and cut into large chunks (carrot, eggplant, orange sweet potato, parsnip, potato, pumpkin)
- 1/2 preserved lemon, rinsed, pith and flesh removed, thinly sliced
- 1 (400 g) can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 100 g dried pear halves, halved
- 60 g pitted prunes
- 2 zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 300 g instant couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (a.k.a Italian parsley)
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1Preheat the oven to moderate 350°F.
- 2Heat the oil in a large saucepan or ovenproof dish, add the onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- 3Add the spices and cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Add the vegetables and cook, stirring, until coated with the spices and the outside begins to soften.
- 5Add the lemon, tomatoes, stock, pears and prunes.
- 6Cover, transfer to the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- 7Add the zucchini and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- 8Cover the couscous with the olive oil and 2 cups (500mL) boiling water and leave until all the water has been absorbed.
- 9Flake with a fork.
- 10Remove the cinnamon stick from the vegetables, then stir in the parsley.
- 11Serve on a large platter with the couscous formed into a ring and the vegetable tagine in the centre, sprinkled with almonds.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Tagine With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1223.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 265.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.3 g
- Sugars 172.6 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: