Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Spicy, flavourful, healthy, vegetarian, and a very easy one dish meal! Bright colours and three different textures in one dish. This is (very) slightly adapted from the recipe of the same name at cookthink.com.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chile
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- Chop sweet potato, put in a pot with barely enough water to cover.
- Add salt, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer (just under medium temperature, not too low) for 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Cook couscous by placing in a bowl with equal amount of boiling water and covering immediately. Leave to cook while potato is simmering.
- Prepare ginger and lemon.
- Add everything except lemon zest and couscous to water and sweet potato and keep on cooking about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Fluff couscous, divide between two pasta plates (they hold the sauce better than flat plates) and top with sweet potato. Be generous with the sauce as it will soak into the couscous and add delicious flavour.
I think I let the potatoes cook too long, but the flavors of this dish were very satisfying and it was pretty easy to pull off! Thanks!