Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
A healthy, hearty stew from Cooking Light. Serving: 1 1/3 c. stew, 3/4 c. couscous, and 2 T. cheese--401 calories, 10-8 g. fat, 55.8 g carb, 8.9 g fiber, 60 mg cholesterol.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 453.59 g hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1182.95 ml cubed eggplants (3/4 inch cubes)
- 946.36 ml coarsely chopped yellow onions
- 236.59 ml fat-free chicken broth
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23-2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 439.41 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 78.07 ml golden raisin
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 1419.54 ml hot cooked couscous
- 236.59 ml crumbled feta cheese
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion; stir/saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in the sausage; stir/saute for 2 minutes (stir to crumble).
- Add in eggplant and next 9 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat.
- Adjust heat to medium or level needed to maintain high pressure; cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat and place under cold running water.
- Remove lid and stir in raisins and thyme.
- Serve stew over couscous and top with crumbled cheese.