A healthy, hearty stew from Cooking Light. Serving: 1 1/3 c. stew, 3/4 c. couscous, and 2 T. cheese--401 calories, 10-8 g. fat, 55.8 g carb, 8.9 g fiber, 60 mg cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage
- 5 cups cubed eggplants (3/4 inch cubes)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1Heat the oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- 2Add in the onion; stir/saute for 2 minutes.
- 3Add in the sausage; stir/saute for 2 minutes (stir to crumble).
- 4Add in eggplant and next 9 ingredients; stir to combine.
- 5Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat.
- 6Adjust heat to medium or level needed to maintain high pressure; cook for 4 minutes.
- 7Remove cooker from heat and place under cold running water.
- 8Remove lid and stir in raisins and thyme.
- 9Serve stew over couscous and top with crumbled cheese.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Summer Vegetable and Sausage Stew
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.2
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 1231.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 21.0 g