Recipe by LifeIsGood
A fun twist on your average shish kebab. The recipe calls for the use of either lamb or beef. I think it may also be good on chicken. Serve with rice. Enjoy! Note: the timing does not include marinating.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
So incredibly good and so easy to put together. Loved the flavors and I used some beef vs. lamb. Layered the kabobs with red onion, cherry tomatoes and some zucchini squash. Also used mushrooms and red bell peppers. Will be making often this summer.
- 226.79 g plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 118.29 ml chopped mint leaf
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro or 29.58 ml fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 907.18 g boneless leg of lamb or 907.18 g beef sirloin, cut into cubes
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 2 green peppers, cut into chunks
- 18 small white onions, peeled (you can use pearl onions)
- 18 medium mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, onion, mint,.
- cilantro, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in large bowl. Add.
- meat to marinade; refrigerate 4 to 5 hours for lamb, overnight.
- for beef.
- Remove from refrigerator 2 hours before cooking.
- Just before cooking, arrange meat on skewers alternately with.
- tomatoes, green peppers, onions and mushrooms. Place on grill.
- 3 inches above coals, which should be red hot but not flaming.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side, turning skewers to brown meat.
- I recommend serving with rice.