1/3 Photos of Moroccan-Style Shish Kebab
A fun twist on your average shish kebab. The recipe calls for the use of either lamb or beef. I think it may also be good on chicken. Serve with rice. Enjoy! Note: the timing does not include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 118.29 ml chopped mint leaf
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro or 29.58 ml fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 907.18 g boneless leg of lamb or 907.18 g beef sirloin, cut into cubes
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 2 green peppers, cut into chunks
- 18 small white onions, peeled (you can use pearl onions)
- 18 medium mushrooms
- 1Combine yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, onion, mint,.
- 2cilantro, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in large bowl. Add.
- 3meat to marinade; refrigerate 4 to 5 hours for lamb, overnight.
- 4for beef.
- 5Remove from refrigerator 2 hours before cooking.
- 6Just before cooking, arrange meat on skewers alternately with.
- 7tomatoes, green peppers, onions and mushrooms. Place on grill.
- 83 inches above coals, which should be red hot but not flaming.
- 9Cook 5 minutes on each side, turning skewers to brown meat.
- 11I recommend serving with rice.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan-Style Shish Kebab
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.2
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.6 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 33.6 g