Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) canned whole tomatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped, liquid reserved
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, grated
- 2⁄3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 cups cooked couscous or 3 cups rice
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat until golden. Stir in tomatoes, tomato liquid, honey, lemon zest and cumin. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and season with salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste.
- Meanwhile, season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Bruil 4 to 6 inches from heat, alowing 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part. Place each fillet on plate, top with tomato sauce, sprinkle with almonds and cilantro. Serve with couscous or rice.
This recipe my family didn't like as most. But I liked the flavors of it. I would make it for me again, but not my family.