Recipe by lazyme
From Bon Appetit, this sounds really good.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was superb, lazyme. The end result was a moist chicken with a phenomenal taste. Serving it with the honey butter is a real must for the full flavor effect. Like another reviewer already pointed it, it's not as sweet as one would expect. Instead, you get a very nice balance of honey and cinnamon that produces a wonderfully tasting dish. Made for ZWT #9 (North Africa). Yum!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed, patted dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 400°F
- Whisk butter, honey, cinnamon, and turmeric in small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer 1/4 cup honey butter to small bowl; reserve.
- Place chicken on rack in roasting pan.
- Brush with some of remaining honey butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165°F to 170°F, brushing occasionally with honey butter and covering loosely with foil if browning too quickly, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Transfer to platter. Serve with reserved honey butter.