Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Bon Appetit, this sounds really good.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed, patted dry
- Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 400°F
- Whisk butter, honey, cinnamon, and turmeric in small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer 1/4 cup honey butter to small bowl; reserve.
- Place chicken on rack in roasting pan.
- Brush with some of remaining honey butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165°F to 170°F, brushing occasionally with honey butter and covering loosely with foil if browning too quickly, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Transfer to platter. Serve with reserved honey butter.
This was superb, lazyme. The end result was a moist chicken with a phenomenal taste. Serving it with the honey butter is a real must for the full flavor effect. Like another reviewer already pointed it, it's not as sweet as one would expect. Instead, you get a very nice balance of honey and cinnamon that produces a wonderfully tasting dish. Made for ZWT #9 (North Africa). Yum!
This turned out so juicy, and not really as sweet as you'd think with the amount of honey in it. The flavor of the honey comes through, but not so much of the sugar. It's very, very nice. I made a couple of tiny adjustments. We like to roast our chickens cut up, and I tossed some carrots and pickled lemons in the pan with it. The carrots were great with the braising liquid. Thanks for the great recipe.
Very moist, sweet and tasty chicken! It was loved by kids and adults alike. Simple recipe but the sweet basting makes this chicken stand out! Made by a fellow Unruly/ZWT6