1/1 Photo of Moroccan Style Pasta Salad
Recipe I found on Moroccan Food on About.com. It states that you can add a variety of vegetables (your choice), so would I add carrots, celery along with the suggested bell pepper as my choices. Here is what is stated about the recipe: "This antipasto-style pasta salad gets a Moroccan twist with ingredients common in Morocco – cured meat, olives, Edam cheese, and veggies – and an easy cooked vinaigrette that takes just minutes to prepare. Use my suggestions below, or personalize the salad with up to 3 1/2 cups of your own additions such as marinated artichokes, pimientos, black olives, mushrooms, cooked baby carrots or cauliflower or broccoli florets. Allow chilling time before serving. The tri-colored pasta salad is intended as a side dish, but you may find yourself eating enough of it to make it your main course!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Pasta Salad
- 1 lb tri-colored rotini pasta (spiral)
- 1 cup salami, cut into very thin sticks (or saucisson)
- 1 cup edam cheese, cut into tiny cubes (or other variety)
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped (or cut into thin sticks)
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup corn
For the Vinaigrette
- 1Cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions. Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water, and leave it to cool and drain completely in a colander.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, make the dressing. Place the vinaigrette's ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the dressing for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the partially crushed garlic cloves and set the dressing aside to cool.
- 3Transfer the cooled pasta to a large bowl and add the salami, cheese, olives, peppers and corn (or add your own ingredients – up to 3 1/2 cups). Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and stir gently to mix. Cover, and leave the pasta salad to marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- 4Stir the salad and check for seasoning, before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Style Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.6
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 750.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
za'atar spice mix