Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These kebabs are a great way to cook meat without adding any fat. Why not roast some pumpkin wedges rubbed with a touch of grain mustard and a splash of lemon juice to serve them. Harissa is a fiery chilli paste from Africa and can be found in supermarkets.
- 500 g boneless leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 small red onion, unpeeled
- 1 small lemon
- salt, and freshly ground black pper
- Pre heat barbecue. Trim any excess fat off the outside of the lamb and then cut into 5cm chunks. place in a non metallic bowl with the oil, lemon juice, spices, garlic, harissa and some seasoning and mix well. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Peel the onion, leaving the root end intact, and then cut into 8 wedges so that the slices of onion stay together at the root of each wedge. Cut the lemon into 8 wedges.
- Thread the lamb chunks and lemon and onion wedges alternately onto four 30cm flat metal skewers, and place over medium hot barbecue, for 10 - 15 minutes. Turn every now and then, until the lamb is nicely browned on the outside, but still pink in the centre. Serve with fresh coriander and roasted pumpkin wedges, if liked.