Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love these. In Morocco, the people serve these burgers with ground cumin, salt, pepper and their special "harissa" sauce on the side, in a little condiment container. The spices give the burger an added flavour.
- 680.38 g lean ground lamb
- 29.58 ml chopped green onions
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 59.16 ml chopped cilantro
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml chopped garlic
- Put the lamb in a mixing bowl and add all of the ingredients except the vegetable oil.
- Using your hand, mix everything thoroughly.
- Shape the mixture into 8 equal size patties similar to hamburgers.
- Heat the oil in a non stick skillet.
- Cook the patties over medium high heat about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on the degree of doneness desired.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
Everyone in my family loved these and I was sorry I didn't make a double batch! I'll be careful next time to make the patties thinner, though-- these took a while to cook through.
Lovely blend of spices and flavors. Our lamb has some fat so I did not find them dry. and served them as a regular hamburger on a bun. Vidalia Onions have just arrived so I had to have a slice on the burger & mushrooms - Served with a side salad & oven fries Thanks Rainna for a lovely Saturday night burger
These were pretty good, but a little drier than we are used to as our lamb was virtually fat free. I served them with harissa, and yoghurt mixed with cumin, salt, pepper and chopped coriander.