Recipe by rainna
I love these. In Morocco, the people serve these burgers with ground cumin, salt, pepper and their special "harissa" sauce on the side, in a little condiment container. The spices give the burger an added flavour.
Top Review by Dalloway
Everyone in my family loved these and I was sorry I didn't make a double batch! I'll be careful next time to make the patties thinner, though-- these took a while to cook through.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the lamb in a mixing bowl and add all of the ingredients except the vegetable oil.
- Using your hand, mix everything thoroughly.
- Shape the mixture into 8 equal size patties similar to hamburgers.
- Heat the oil in a non stick skillet.
- Cook the patties over medium high heat about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on the degree of doneness desired.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.