Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT6.
- 1 lb pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow squash, zucchini cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bell pepper, green, red, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coat a broiler pan or grill rack with cooking spray.
- Toss the meat and zucchini with the olive oil and add the cumin, salt, cinnamon, ginger, oregano and garlic powder. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Thread the meat, zucchini and red pepper on skewers. Grill or broil 6 minutes on each side, or until meat cubes are pink in the center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Makes 4 servings.
- If using pork: Pork tenderloin is tasty, moist and perfectly safe when pink in the middle. For optimal flavor and texture, don't cook the meat until it's gray throughout. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check for doneness: Remove a roast from the oven at 150 degrees F.
Delcious -- I doubled everything and made 7 skewers -- using a 2 pound pork loin -- I grilled mine a bit longer than suggested, but it was wonderful and a great summer meal complete with recipe#376225 and frozen vanilla yogurt with berries for dessert! It doesn't get much better than this! Thanks for sharing!
When I made this I did take a tip from morgainegeiser's review & added a small onion to the kebab as well as both a red & a yellow bell pepper! Made for a great presentation, & we thoroughly enjoyed the spice combo used! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Delicious! I used a loin of pork chopped into cubes. Quick and easy and cooked on the BBQ. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo which was a shame as they are very picturesque. MAde for Aussie / Kiwi Swap Sept 2010