Recipe by MsPia
I got this recipe from a Low Calorie better Homes and Gardens (Spring 1998) I'm really not a low calorie kind of person (I should be...) but this is a delicious meal. Enjoy! Preparation time includes 2 hour marinating time.
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, honey, oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Cut each chicken breast into 4 lengthwise strips. Thread chicken, accordion-style, on eight 8-inches skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes).
- Place in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning skewers occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Grill skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill over medium-hot coals for 8 to 10 minutes, or till chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through grilling time. Or, place skewers on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil skewers 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn and brush with reserved marinade; broil3 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Or, preheat gas grill. Adjust heat for direct cooking. Place skewers on grill rack directly over medium-hot heat. Grill uncovered as directed.