Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a Low Calorie better Homes and Gardens (Spring 1998) I'm really not a low calorie kind of person (I should be...) but this is a delicious meal. Enjoy! Preparation time includes 2 hour marinating time.
- Combine vinegar, honey, oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Cut each chicken breast into 4 lengthwise strips. Thread chicken, accordion-style, on eight 8-inches skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes).
- Place in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning skewers occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Grill skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill over medium-hot coals for 8 to 10 minutes, or till chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through grilling time. Or, place skewers on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil skewers 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn and brush with reserved marinade; broil3 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Or, preheat gas grill. Adjust heat for direct cooking. Place skewers on grill rack directly over medium-hot heat. Grill uncovered as directed.
Thank you so much for posting this! This is one of my family's very favorite chicken marinade recipes. Typically I add more spices, depending on what I have on hand -- curry powder, coriander, ginger -- and I've experimented with using different vinegars, too. I have the original magazine that it came from, and I also have it written on a recipe card, and both are wrecked from overuse. For some reason I can't get the proportions memorized despite making it quite often. Now I know I'll always have it saved!